Thursday 18 November 2010

Design process from brief to conclusion

Here I will start my own design process for a made up brief on creating a children’s book. To help generate ideas I will be using just 3 words to start my design process.

I have chosen to use the words fox, microwave and television


Now for each of these three words I will sketch things associated with them in order to help generate ideas that can be rearranged to help come up with a story.

Fox - fox’s are known to be scavengers as well as being sneaky, so I may draw things related to a fox such as, chickens, bins, smells, noises, environment.

Microwave - for this word I would sketch various foods, placement, people, electric

Television - adverts, news, food,

Once I have created sketches for each word I can then think about rearranging them to create a meaning/story.

Using the three words and ideas relating to them I have come up with a story, where the fox can smell a chicken cooking in a microwave, he then cleverly sneaks into the house undetected looking for the chicken he smelt. Then hes sees a television with an advert of gravy and sees a chicken. the fox becomes over powerd with excitement and steals the television thinking it contains a chicken. Only when he returns to the woods does he discover there is no chicken inside the box creating the final conclusion for my idea.

http://www.n8w.com/wp/1937

No comments:

Post a Comment